SilabGarza

Full Version: [URGENT] I'ma hack you.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[SIZE="2"]Yeah, so I hear a lot about people being hacked here on SG lately.

Let me explain some shit to you before you come to me saying you've been hacked.

[SIZE="4"]
PASSWORDS:[/SIZE]
- They are md5 salted meaning it takes a lot to get the password.
Quote:MD5 is one way encryption the only way you can get the plaintext is by getting the salt n key and then encrpting a shitload of words till once matches the encrypted text
- Encrypted: Means you have to decrypt before you can even use it.
- Hashed is another encryption method that makes it nearly impossible to guess or get.

[SIZE="4"]
Who has access to passwords?[/SIZE]

There's only two people here on SG that have access to passwords, and that's Travis and I. We will also never ask you for your password. I can type a command and get your password.

The ONLY way to get someone's password is by having access to server files... which only two people do. TRAVIS AND MYSELF.

I DIDNT DO IT HE GUESSED IT.

Bullshit. If you're stupid enough to put "runescape" "donthackme" "lololol" as your passwords, don't bother asking me to recover it for you.

I promise you it is 100% IMPOSSIBLE to get someone's ingame password with out files.

I've been on this server for almost 6 years, and I've never been hacked.
[SIZE="4"]
How do I protect myself?[/SIZE]

- Don't give out your passwords? [Obvious one]
- Don't share accounts with ANYONE! [Obvious one]
- Don't download other RuneScape Private Servers, especially ones your friends say to play. They will have 100% access to your passwords used on that server.
- Don't use the same password on SilabGarza that you use anywhere else. It's not safe to use the same password on other RSPS!
- If you're EVER asked for your password by anyone [admins, mods, players] you report that immediately and block them.
- Set a pin on your account so you can recover it immediately. Talk to Lady Servil at ::home.

I've heard it from a shit ton of people "I didn't tell him, he guessed it!"

Maybe if you wouldn't use that same password on other servers they won't be able to guess it?
[SIZE="4"]
TL;DR [/SIZE]
Stop letting people hack you.
Protect yourself.
If someone asks for your password, tell them fuck off and report them.[/SIZE]
Thanks for the heads up. I've heard some things about some people, I guess this clears it up.

IiMudkipzZ

[SIZE="1"]About time someone made one of these threads.

Thank you, Brittany.

._.

[Image: 2q2jm0y.jpg]

[/SIZE]
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][SIZE="2"]So easy to protect your account.

Just do what this says.

It's not hard... ._.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
all my passwords are nearly impossible to guess and with the security you guys have i doubt anyone will get mine.
great thred thanks britt clears a lot up
1st, good! i get randoms coming to me for no reason jsut to say they got hacked =/
ive been hearing that a lot aswell....
sounds bull shit as usual though.
thanks britanny Smile) cookies!
[COLOR="Lime"]Just got my pin lol, didn't bother with it before.
I make my passwords random numbers and letters.
Find a way to memorise it. :]
[/COLOR]
Bloodysunday Wrote:[COLOR="Lime"]Just got my pin lol, didn't bother with it before.
I make my passwords random numbers and letters.
Find a way to memorise it. :]
[/COLOR]

I Saw you standing there getting your Sunday.

I Also Just Got Mine. Thanks Britt For Clearing This up Good Job (:.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9