Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alright guys.
Enough's enough.

I'm cleaning the forums today; not just 'cleaning' mass cleaning.

There's so much spam here, and it's getting outta control.

Spam = One word posts, no thought in to them...
Ex -

I got a bike!
Cool!
Fail!
That's coo.
^ All spam.

Here's what to do, and not to do.

Short Story.
http://sg-forum.info/showthread.php?t=38523

Long Story.
[spoiler]

[SIZE=2]Spamming - Why do it? I mean come on guys, most of you are better then that, we don't need "one word post", etc. I suggest people stop now, the only place you should be posting spam is in the spam section, which is there for that purpose, not to gain post count.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Posting on donation threads - I've made a few threads on this, but people continue to ignore it, posting on a donation thread will lead to an infraction and if you keep it up eventually a ban. So I suggest you be smart and do not post on donation threads besides forums staff and the original poster. I don't see why it's so hard to read the rules under the donation section.

Flaming - VM flame is fine, but when you bring out flame into the public you increase your chances of a ban if it's major flaming, this will not be tolerated as well as the spamming, etc. Use your brains and if you want to flame take it to your VM's.

Chatting - Chatting really falls under spamming, but either way it's still something that people do, take your chatting to VM's not on threads.

Appeals/Reports - Why do people constantly keep not using the formats? I mean as soon as you enter the section, the format is stickied, I mean wtf? Is it really that hard to click the thread and copy and paste it onto a new thread? The format is there for a reason, use it.

Donations - Same with above, but not a very common problem, this is just a reminder to use the format as well, not hard.

Flaming staff - Not a major problem atm, but it does happen, so don't think your "tough shit" flaming staff, especially the owner, you'd be going to right way for a possible host ban if you even thought about that, so don't do it.

Respecting Staff - I've seen a lot of people lack respect for staff members, as well as my self. We staff members treat everyone with respect, I assume, if you hate some of the staff it doesn't mean you can dis-respect them, this will lead to mute or a ban. We are staff because our job is to help, also saying "staff don't do there job, they don't come to you for like 10 minutes or so", this may be because we are already helping someone, again us staff can only do one thing at a time, not two. So I suggest people who dis-respect staff, don't.

Staff Applications - Sort of the same again with the formats, but it doesn't happen as much, people ignore the format as I said not a big issue, but it happens. Onto the main issue for staff applications. There are also REQUIREMENTS to be able to apply for staff, such as 300+ post, being well known, etc. If you do not have those requirements don't bother making a god damn application! Especially new people who join the forums, those rules are there for a reason, do not ignore them, your application with be moved to declined anyway, but that's not the point here, the point is don't post one if you don't have the requirements and it's also considered spam.

Repeating others - In the help section people need help, yeah? Well this is also spam and falls under that section, but what I notice is when someone replies first, the next person replies with a different structure, but they same answer, I mean why bother? We all know you just want the post count, once someone has helped that person, don't even bother replying. If the first poster answers the person in need of help and then the next person replies, different structure, but different answer, then that's fine because there could be multiple ways he could do that if the first one didn't work, keep this in mind.

[/SIZE][/spoiler]

I will be deleting posts, as well as moving threads.

After today, these forums will be cleaned by me, personally.

Cookies are always appreciated.
[COLOR="White"]
Sometimes we just need a friend.
Someone to hold us when you can't stand.
Sometimes even to pretend like you matter for that split second that everything seems to be crashing down.
And sometimes it's just easier to say goodbye.[/COLOR]
K, Good.
[COLOR="DarkOrange"][SIZE="4"][Image: spam.jpg]

are you talking about THIS spam?
kakaka
:roll:
Ok sorry that was gay.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Need some fresh gear?
Karmaloop.com

Use rep code: 20OFFALWAYS
to get 20% off your order.

Vouch Thread:
http://sg-forum.info/community/general-c...uches.html
BETTER YET, I'll be banning anyone that spams, for a day.

How's that for cracking down?
[COLOR="White"]
Sometimes even to pretend like you matter for that split second that everything seems to be crashing down.
K, good.
[COLOR="LemonChiffon"][SIZE="2"]
mannetje134 Wrote:K, good.
Thanks for defying me Smile

Now enjoy ban.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="White"]
thats good to know you are taking this seriously and making the forums clean awesome.
[Image: OaLJAo.png]
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Hell yes.
I have been waiting for this thread for too damn long.

Spam Massacre of 2010!

[/COLOR]
[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Black"]My name's Gage E., I've been doing it for ages,
I like the kinds of girls that let me cum on their faces. <3
[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]

In-game :: | G A Z | Gazzy | Gaztastic |
Thanks for doing this, I was tired of seeing people on threads just putting in one word, really annoying. Thanks again Brittany. <3
Anal Time: I have donuts
I S K I L L: What kind?
Anal Time: Chocolate, glazed, normal, etc.
I S K I L L: I have semen donuts.
Anal Time: That's fucking grosssssss.
I S K I L L: Mmmm.
Forgot to screenshot it...I used Print Screen instead of the SS button, and forgot to save it on photo-shack. FUUUUUUUUUU
It's about time someone actually took control of these forums and cleaned it up. And when I say clean up, I don't mean telling people what they're doing and hopefully get things out of the way. I mean literally do something about it; change boards around, take out the bullshit posts toward serious threads, make it clear that you should only post when it's something you really wish to put thought into. Good job, Brittany.
[Image: 15pldg1.png]
^ Thanks, Nigma.

[Image: 2zp4hzk.png]
^ Thanks, Devon.

[Image: lol_by_triest13-d45jnb9.png]
^ Thanks, Xanadu.

[Image: taq9p2.png]
^ Thanks, Martin.

In-game/Forums Name - Rodrigues
RS Name - dom platano2

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post