Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[READ NOW] Spam
[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][SIZE="2"]The spamming on the forums is getting completely out of hand and this will help put a stop to it. I will tell you about the types of spamming that can and will get you an infraction. Please remember there is a [Image: report.gif] button on the bottom left side of everyone's post which is encouraged to be used to report any post violating the SilabGarza rules.

Less than 3 Word Posting

1 and 2 word posting is posting things such as "Lol", "Cool", "yah", "omg", "Support" and so on. Your posts should have some thought put into them no matter what. Smiles and/or pictures do not count as words. Posting video links are acceptable in the video section only. Posting picture replies is never acceptable unless words are tagged with it. Otherwise, the link/picture must include more than 1 word.

Posting on a thread when you don't want to participate in the Topic Discussion

This sort of fits in with "Off-Topic Posting" rule but it's kind of different. Do not post on a thread if you're just going to say "I cbf to read it" or "Idgaf" etc. Pretty simple rule, so I expect you all to follow it.

Off-Topic Posting

Everyone has to remain on-topic at all times or at least include something in the post that is on-topic. There's not much else to say about this one because it's such an obvious rule but nobody seems to follow it so please start.

Chatting On Threads

There is no specific rule on how many posts between you and another forum user that classifies it as chatting but it's common sense that you shouldn't be having a full blown conversation with a person on a thread (We have the VM & PM feature on the forum for reasons such as this).

Bumping Threads

You may only bump your thread if it hasn't been posted on within the last 24 hours. If you bump your thread before the 24 hour period is up then it will be considered spamming. Please don't just post "Bump", make it an informative bump such as "Hey, I added/edited something, check it out!" or something along those lines. If you choose to just post "Bump" you may be infracted or post deletion may occur. Also you may only bump YOUR thread.

Replying to an already Answered Thread(Help Section)

If the thread has already been answered; DON'T post anymore AT ALL. Only post on help threads if you can answer the question. DON'T post useless things on the thread such as: I need help with this too!; Hope sum1 helps you!; That sucks dude, wish I could help.

Picture Replies

Posting single pictures threads is only acceptable in the Show-off section/Graphics section. Posting picture replies is never acceptable unless words are tagged with it.

Replying to Spam Bots/Advertising

If you reply to spam bots then you're spamming as well, you're posting something that isn't necessary. They're spam bots so don't help them do their job by also spamming our forums because you will be infracted. As for replying to advertisement for other servers, simply don't do it. You're just bumping the thread and helping them achieve what they came to do.

::Useful Links::

[COLOR="Red"][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
Thanks thats why everytime i see someone just say lol i report them. Well said Big Grin

ME GET KARMA?
[COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Well said.

Since when did fmods get to make Front page threads? .-.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[Image: xc6bz8.gif]
Made it more clear as to what "Spamming" is. Thank you.
Ign Now.. [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]: RoseWolf[/COLOR]

" You are never a loser until you quit [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]trying. "[/COLOR]

[spoiler]
[COLOR="White"]
Old Ign: [/COLOR]ℬlueℛose
Because I ღ Blue ❄ ,
And My Name IS Rose ✿ .
Simple Isn't it.

omfg.
http://youtu.be/WSeNSzJ2-Jw <33

[Image: 112fzuo.png]
^ Thank You Shane! ^

[Image: xd6vso.jpg]
^ Thank You Becky! ^

[Image: xn7sc9.png]

[Image: 2zdokeo.gif]
^ Thank You Devon! ^

[Image: fa32c2.gif]
^ Thank You Hasan! ^

[Image: z4d97a0f489932.gif]
^ Thank You Alex! ^

[/spoiler]
[COLOR="SlateGray"]OMG!
First time I've seen a forum mod make an announcement, this is creepy.

OT; you're right, spamming is pretty out of hand, needs to be changed and cracked down on harder.
Especially chatting on threads, the amount of it is insane.[/COLOR]
[Image: tumblr_ngfzi02mOf1tlcx59o1_500.jpg]
I've been waiting for someone to post this.. Thanks!
[Image: 15wfjti.png]
My Feedback Thread[SPOILER]http://sg-forum.info/showthread.php?p=961367#post961367[/SPOILER]

My Goals Thread[SPOILER]http://sg-forum.info/showthread.php?t=67167[/SPOILER]

Cookies/KARMA PLEASE! Smile
No offence intended but you can tell people not to spam as much as you like, you can punish them as much as you like and they are still going to spam regardless, let's be honest, this is a site full of kids looking for post count so they post messages that are to put it bluntly, retarded.

I agree that spam is annoying and stupid but there is only so much you can do to stop it, posting telling people to stop doing it and trying to educate them on what isn't spam will do nothing, it's your job to clear up the spam.

Please don't take that as an insult or anything, I'm just saying with the kind of community this is spam is inevitable.
Hopefully people actually listen to this for once X_x
[Image: dAtcCfH.gif]
[SIZE="2"]
Zammy Pure Wrote:[COLOR="White"][SIZE="3"]Well said.

Since when did fmods get to make Front page threads? .-.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Since I allowed her to this one time only.[/SIZE]
[COLOR="White"]
Sometimes we just need a friend.
Someone to hold us when you can't stand.
Sometimes even to pretend like you matter for that split second that everything seems to be crashing down.
And sometimes it's just easier to say goodbye.[/COLOR]
[COLOR="White"][SIZE="2"]Seriously, thank you for posting this!

Cookied.

Spamming has been getting out of hand, even staff does it..[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Magenta"]In-Game Mod - August 22 2010 [Image: 2wbxids.gif] In-Game Admin - January 23 2011 [Image: 2wbxids.gif]
[Image: 2h6au4y.png] Report Sectional Mod - November 1 2010 [Image: 2h6au4y.png]
[/COLOR]