Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server status
[COLOR="Red"]THE SERVER IS BACK ONLINE!!! TELL YOUR FRIENDS!!!
[/COLOR]
[COLOR="GREEN"]THE SERVER IS BACK ONLINE!!! TELL YOUR FRIENDS!!!
[/COLOR]
[spoiler]
Awesome news.

The server CAN be turned on atm! Here's the catch. We need to make the backups so this doesn't happen again...

And if we make the backups with the server on, it'll corrupt character files and people will lose a lot of stuff and the entire file!

So here's what we're doing.
At this point, we're making the backups ourselves and that should take half hour for it to compress and get things working.

When those are done and transferred over to the computer, the server will be turned back on.

ETA OF SERVER: 1-2 hours!
NEWEST UPDATE: After threats and some harsh words said, I asked to speak to Manager of the entire company, and got him involved. They are waiting till midnight where hardly anyone uses the website to do maintenance and installing the new plugins for the server at that time.

= That's 3 hours away from right now at Midnight. It's 9PM right now for me.

After this, the server will be up if they didn't lie to me once again.

I already have the server administrator password, so that's been fixed. At the moment it's just waiting for them to plug in the HDD and we're set and good to go.
UPDATE:

Okay, so I'm beyond pissed off atm. They told me they were making backups of the files last night and moving us to a new server, and the dumb idiots didn't start the backups.

Called them this morning asking to speak to a manager and complained hardcore about the issue, and got them started finally.

We're considering moving hosts after this seeing as this is a 3 day process for something that should have taken 5 hours.
CURRENT UPDATE:

Quote:Jon H: [5:30:46 PM] Thank you. I'm going to go ahead and let those install and then run a disk check to see if perhaps there is some sort of data corruption in the Administrator account. It will probably take a couple of hours to complete, but I will keep an eye on it and update the ticket when it is completed.
travis: [5:33:27 PM] ...
[5:33:49 PM] it's been way over 24 hours already. my business is taking a massive hit not beig on line because of something i didn't do
[5:34:14 PM] i'm not blaming you. don't get me wrong... this is just taking too long and all of this could have been done last night already

[5:53:38 PM] I am not sure exactly what is wrong with the Administrator login to be honest. That's why I'm just trying to go step by step to make sure that everything is as it should be. If there is any data corruption, the disk check should be able to fix it, and then it's just a matter of resetting the password in RescueLayer.

UPDATE:
Mommy Wrote:[SIZE="2"]UPDATE: They're loading a new userAdmin password and trying to manually reboot the server.

English: They're making a new password so I can login and get the files and find a new host/computer because this one is stupid.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]The dedicated server is having issues on the hosting side and the computer is erroring out for some reason, so just be patient while the host fixes the issue.

No it's not an attack.
No it's not something we can fix.

So the only thing we can do is wait for the host to fix the system error on the dedi.

I've already submitted a ticket, so the only thing we can do is wait.

http://sg-forum.info/showpost.php?p=980148&postcount=88

[Image: bZ8rkL.jpg]

Till then, check out the highly abandoned arcade.

http://sg-forum.info/arcade.php[/SIZE]
[/spoiler]
[COLOR="White"]
Sometimes we just need a friend.
Someone to hold us when you can't stand.
Sometimes even to pretend like you matter for that split second that everything seems to be crashing down.
And sometimes it's just easier to say goodbye.[/COLOR]
Well now we all know.

Hopefully some people can find something else to do.
[Image: s2tegz.png]

[Image: c2.png]Soldier[Image: c2.png]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Moderator
Thanks for keeping us informed.
[Image: kaog7p.jpg]

[COLOR="White"][SIZE="1"] "You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...
until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."[/SIZE][/COLOR]
I'm just going to go play Snake. Oh wait, I never play the server anyways. I just hang out at the forums.
[Image: IDUD0o4.png]
Thank you for this! I was rly worried what was going on :o Well, good job.
[COLOR="White"]Thanks for the update.
Lol@arcade

Used to play Japanese baseball (Till Teh beast beat me in two tries and quit) and tried playing a game and sucked so bad.[/COLOR]

[Image: WildStanleyCupPlayoffs.jpg]
|Jonas Brodin|Zach Parise|Ryan Suter|Charlie Coyle|Erik Haula|Mikael Grandlund|
The highest compliment that you can pay me is to say
that I work hard every day, that I never dog it.
-Wayne Gretzky
[COLOR="White"][SIZE="2"]Thank you for these news,
I'll be patientSmile
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
That was me just testing how strong the server is. and i stoped and sorry about that everyone just give it 5min and it will be back on.:neo:
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Cheers for taking the time to explain what is actually wrong BRIT.

Shows that you actually care about players.

Now we wait...[/COLOR]
Rafee,Moh,Dean,Dave,Bobby,Guli,Harry
[Image: ThisHybridimage.png]
The path you take is the path you choose.

[Image: Mircast.png]

[Image: daveanalbeads.png]
[SIZE="3"]Rumors spread really fast it seems, but thanks for letting me/us know! Big Grin

EDIT: I love playing on the arcade, I wanted to win Hexagon champion, but ended up quitting.[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Server Status Brittany 79 12,804 06-21-2012, 04:11 AM
Last Post: Bcfc Zulu
  Server Updates 9/20/11 Gir 77 13,567 10-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Angelo1234
  Server Status Brittany 403 77,741 09-28-2011, 07:40 AM
Last Post: T3rn
  [UPDATE] on the server Brittany 147 23,667 06-21-2011, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Cutout
  UPDATE on server Brittany 118 18,095 06-17-2011, 06:46 PM
Last Post: dakfighter12